By Laura K. McClure
- The so much modern scholarship on Euripides and his oeuvre, that includes the most recent texts and commentaries
- Leading students within the box talk about all of Euripides’ performs and their afterlife with breadth and depth
- A devoted part specializes in the reception of Euripidean drama because the Hellenistic
- Original and provocative interpretations of Euripides and his performs forge very important paths of in destiny scholarship
Read Online or Download A Companion to Euripides (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) PDF
Similar literary criticism & theory_1 books
Southern Literature from 1579-1895, A accomplished evaluate, with Copions by way of Louise Manly. This publication is a replica of the unique publication released in 1895 and should have a few imperfections equivalent to marks or hand-written notes.
This e-book is a compact examine of Kafka’s inimitable literary type, animals, and ecological thought—his nonhuman form—that proceeds via unique shut readings of Kafka’s oeuvre. With choose engagements of Adorno, Derrida, and the literary historical past from Romanticism to Dickens that motivated Kafka, Ted Geier discusses Kafka’s literary, “nonhuman” shape and how it unsettles the proposal of a traditional and straightforward lifestyles that society and tradition impose, together with the bounds among human and animal.
This booklet examines dystopian fiction’s fresh paradigm shift in the direction of city dystopias. It hyperlinks the dystopian culture with the literary historical past of the radical, spatio-philosophical innovations opposed to the backdrop of the spatial flip, and systems-theory. 5 dystopian novels are mentioned in nice element: China Miéville’s Perdido highway Station (2000) and town & town (2009), urban of Bohane (2011) via Kevin Barry, John Berger’s Lilac and Flag (1992), and Divided state (2005) by means of Rupert Thomson.
Ce livre, résultat d'une collaboration entre universités des deux versants des Pyrénées, voudrait être un lieu de discussion entre chercheurs venus d'horizons géographiques et disciplinaires différents qu'ils soient historiens, philologues ou encore historiens du droit. C'est là une caractéristique principale de ce travail dont les views sont importantes.
- Pitch of Poetry
- Early Modern Women and the Poem
- Cultural Genealogy: An Essay on Early Modern Myth
- Gender and Culture in the Works of Indian Subcontinent's Select Women Novelists
- Transatlantic Literature and Author Love in the Nineteenth Century (Palgrave Studies in Nineteenth-Century Writing and Culture)
- The Fiction of Thea Astley - Student Edition
Extra info for A Companion to Euripides (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World)