By Robert M. Buffington,Eithne Luibhéid,Donna J. Guy
A worldwide heritage of Sexuality offers a provocative, wide-ranging creation to the background of sexuality from the past due eighteenth century to the current day.
- Explores what sexuality has intended within the daily lives of people over the past two hundred years
- Organized round 4 significant topics: the formation of sexual id, the rules of sexuality by way of societal norms, the rules of sexuality through associations, and the intersection of sexuality with globalization
- Examines the subject from a comparative, international viewpoint, with well-chosen case stories to light up the wider themes
- Includes interdisciplinary contributions from in demand historians, sociologists, anthropologists, and sexuality reviews scholars
- Introduces very important theoretical thoughts in a transparent, available way
Read Online or Download A Global History of Sexuality: The Modern Era PDF
Best historical studies books
Tout ce que vous avez toujours voulu savoir sur l'Histoire de l'EuropeLa nuit de l. a. Saint-Sylvestre de l’an 406, le Rhin gela. Des milliers d’hommes, de femmes et d’enfants se lancèrent au-dessus du fleuve et l. a. glace supporta le poids des chariots. Ce fait marqua le début des invasions barbares en Occident.
The recent international historical past is a finished quantity of essays chosen to complement international heritage educating and scholarship during this speedily increasing box. The forty-four articles during this publication take inventory of the background, evolving literature, and present trajectories of latest international historical past. those essays, including the editors’ introductions to thematic chapters, motivate educators and scholars to mirror seriously at the improvement of the sphere and to discover recommendations, methods, and insights helpful to their very own paintings.
Demystifying the topic with readability and verve, heritage: An advent to idea, process and perform familiarizes the reader with the numerous spectrum of ancient ways in a balanced, accomplished and fascinating demeanour. international in scope, and protecting a variety of subject matters from the traditional and medieval worlds to the twenty-first century, it explores ancient views not just from historiography itself, yet from similar parts corresponding to literature, sociology, geography and anthropology.
Old biography has a combined popularity: at its top it will probably exhibit a lot not just approximately somebody, however the wider context in their lifestyles and society; at worst it could actually lead to a narrowly targeted paintings of hagiography or condemnation. but regardless of its occasionally inferior prestige among lecturers, biography has remained a well-liked style, and in recent times has constructed into new and exciting parts.
- The Diversity of History: Essays in Honour of Sir Herbert Butterfield: Volume 14 (Routledge Library Editions: Historiography)
- The Lost Territories: Thailand’s History of National Humiliation (Southeast Asia: Politics, Meaning, and Memory)
- Views from the Dark Side of American History (Conflicting Worlds: New Dimensions of the American Civil War)
- The Structure of Cuban History: Meanings and Purpose of the Past
- Thucydides and Political Order: Lessons of Governance and the History of the Peloponnesian War
Additional resources for A Global History of Sexuality: The Modern Era