By Richard Devetak,Anthony Burke,Jim George
Read Online or Download An Introduction to International Relations: Australian Perspectives PDF
Similar international affairs books
The examine of strength is the nucleus of political technological know-how and diplomacy. As a shift of energy from conventional business nations to rising powers has been perceived because the flip of the century, this booklet goals to give leading edge theoretical and empirical methods which may bring up our figuring out of this transition.
In August 2007 a Russian flag was once planted lower than the North Pole in the course of a systematic excursion triggering hypothesis a couple of new scramble for assets underneath the thawing ice. yet is there rather an international seize for Polar territory and assets? Or are those actions tremendously exaggerated? during this wealthy and wide-ranging ebook, Klaus Dodds and Mark Nuttall glance at the back of the headlines and hyperbole to bare a fancy photo of the so-called scramble for the poles.
This creation to diplomacy indicates how discussions of battle, wealth, peace and gear stretch again good over 500 years. It lines foreign rules from medieval instances, throughout the glossy a long time as much as the cave in of the Soviet empire. It exhibits how historical principles nonetheless have an effect on the way in which we understand global politics.
Demanding situations for the USA within the center East offers a complete and modern research of the international coverage demanding situations the us faces within the heart East. It takes an in depth examine the severe coverage dilemmas posed by means of radical Islam, the Arab Spring, the Shia Crescent, and Israel–Palestine kin.
- The new politics of Russia: Interpreting change
- Regionalism in Africa: Genealogies, institutions and trans-state networks (Routledge Studies in African Politics and International Relations)
- From the Earth Summit to Local Agenda 21: Working towards sustainable development (International Environmental Governance Set)
- Taiwan and Post-Communist Europe: Shopping for Allies (Routledge Contemporary Asia Series)
- The Much Troubled Alliance:US–China Military Cooperation During the Pacific War, 1941–1945
Extra info for An Introduction to International Relations: Australian Perspectives